ARTos Foundation in collaboration with hack66 and with the support of the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Home for Cooperation hosted ‘INNOVATION NIGHT | Accelerating Innovation through openness’, which took place on the 15 June 2016 at 20:00, at The Structure Makespace (Opposite Ledra Palace, in the parking lot next to Home4Cooperation), within the framework of the Creative Europe Programme ARTECITYA 2014 – 2018.
The Structure is an open participatory workspace, a modular transparent makerspace, or a durational interactive public art installation (!) for/with techies, artists, makers and inventors. The idea for the Structure is based on the principles of re-use, recycling, and reclamation of materials, as well as on the principles of radical inclusion, gifting, de-commodification, radical self-reliance, radical self-expression, communal effort, civic responsibility, “Leaving No Trace,” participation, and immediacy. The project’s politics are those of do-ocracy, of making, openness, freedom, transparency, and collaboration.
– Intro: Innovation beyond the keyword
– Patents & copyright delaying innovation
– Open growth vs closed source / organic growth vs corporative development practices
– Decentralization of manufacturing with open hardware / DG–ML
– Creativity and open organizational practices